The following vacancies are available to work with us. For further information please follow the instructions within each role.
Chair of Trustees
Do you have a passion to support older people experiencing loneliness and social isolation?
Do you believe that the church has a key role to play in addressing these issues in communities across the country?
Do you have leadership experience within the charity or corporate sector?
This role could be for you………
Linking Lives UK is looking for a chair of trustees to join our existing board members as we plan for the future. We are particularly looking for someone with the following experience, skills and passion:
- Engagement and experience within the Christian faith sector across the UK
- Awareness and experience of the field of health and social care
- Personal awareness of issues relating to loneliness and social isolation
We are at a key stage in our development in addressing issues in relation to loneliness and social isolation nationally and we have set some ambitious targets for the coming year which include:
- Establishing 10 ‘Two’s Company Befriending’ schemes
- Delivering 35 volunteer training courses aimed at those involved in community cafes, lunch clubs or drop-in centres.
- Running ongoing monthly webinars focusing on loneliness and social isolation
- Developing a nationwide presence in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland through the appointment of Development Officers in each country.
- Creating a national chaplaincy initiative
- Developing and implementing an income diversification strategy
As a Christian charity, we believe that God has created us to be in relationship with one another and as a result, loneliness is not part of His ideal design. One of our favourite verses in the Bible highlights this:
‘A defender of widows is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families’
If you share our passion to address these issues and have the skills and experience necessary for this exciting role, please contact us using the details below.
Thank you for expressing an interest in the work of Linking Lives UK.