ENHANCE YOUR VOLUNTEERING SKILLS IN UNDER 3 HOURS!
Linking Lives is proud to offer a training course aimed at enhancing volunteering skills in under three hours. The online “Good Conversations” course is for all volunteers who help at a community activity. This could be a community cafe, lunch club, Foodbank, Warm Welcome, toddler group or any other type of drop-in centre.
The course will help you to:
- Explore how to open conversations well
- Develop your ‘active listening’ skills
- Keep yourself and others safe by understanding boundaries
- Manage the expectations and risks of the ‘guests’
- Feel more prepared with a wider range of situations
- AND build on your existing skills as a volunteer for use beyond your volunteering setting
All this and more for just £5 per person. Secure your spot at one of our upcoming sessions by visiting here!
Watch our 1 minute video introducing this training.
“Thank you again for providing the Zoom training for our volunteers. We had our first café this week and it went really well. Lots of good comments from both the volunteers and the guests. You could see it was beneficial and appreciated even in the first week.”
“This training will definitely be useful for people looking to run and volunteer at café style befriending/chat/listening events.”
FIND OUT MORE
If you’d like to find out more about Good Conversations Training before booking a place for you or your volunteers, please get in touch with us by clicking the link below.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you have!
HOW TO BOOK
We run these event regularly. Please click a button below
– to see all available dates and book
– to download a printable PDF information leaflet
– to find out about group booking for your organisation
– to get some helpful tips on using Zoom during our sessions.