We know that there are many befriending schemes out there being ran by churches or Christian organisations, which are carrying out amazing work in supporting socially isolated older people in their communities. Usually these schemes have developed on a local level and are therefore not linked to other similar organisations.
It is with this in mind that Linking Lives UK set up our ‘Affiliate’ network which aims to bring together coordinators and volunteers running similar schemes with others in their region as well as on a more national level.
There are several benefits to affiliating with Linking Lives UK and these include:
- Mutual learning and development of quality standards
- Access to tried and tested document templates and volunteer training package
- Guidance on recruiting and training volunteers
- Guidance on attracting referrals
- Access to regular workshops and networking meetings
- Free attendance at our annual national conference
“The support and partnership we receive from Linking Lives UK is very helpful and we use it frequently.” Sherburn Road Friends and Neighbours, Durham.
If you’d like to find out more, please complete the enquiry form by clicking on the ‘Next’ button below.