Valentine’s Day may traditionally be known as a time for romance, but we think it’s a great opportunity for showing love and gratitude to all those we care about.
This Valentine’s Day we’d like to celebrate friendship and all the wonderful ones we have seen created through Linking Lives with these lovely quotes. Why not share your favourite with someone today?
- “Friendship isn’t about whom you’ve known the longest. It’s about who came and never left your side.” (Unknown)
- “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” (CS Lewis)
- “As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” (Proverbs 27:17, NLT)
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” (Helen Keller)
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” (Marcel Proust)
- “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” (Proverbs 17:17)
- “A friend is a gift you give yourself.” (Robert Louis Stevenson)
- “If you have one true friend you have more than your share.” (Thomas Fuller)
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” (Proverbs 27:9)
Linking Lives UK is all about creating friendships that reduce isolation, offer hope and joy, and build a sense of community. If you could offer friendship to someone in your community, or you or someone you know is experiencing loneliness and would like to be matched with a new friend, visit https://linkinglives.uk/get-involved/ for details of your nearest befriending project.